Monday 15 September 2014

A question from a resident regarding fluoride in the water

Today's question from a local resident regarding fluoride in the water system.

Subject: WATER FLUORIDATION  

I have been a dental hygienist for 40 years.  I was taught that fluoride in our drinking water is very useful in preventing tooth decay. So for many years I have been administering topical fluoride and speaking about the benefits of fluoride in our water supply.  Just recently I have come across some very upsetting literature on the manufacturing,processing and utilization and the "poisoning " that  fluoride is causing in our water supply.  As it explains in these web sites that I have listed below ,water fluoridation is a form of mass medicating, which has some very serious side affects.
I would like to know your position on this issue prior to the elections in October.
Thank you for your time
My Response to this great question is below:
Hello

Thank you for approaching me with this question that I can tell is very important to you.

I had not seen this video before, but I have seen similar that talk about the negative side effects of water fluoridation.  As well as articles I have come across over years of reading Popular Science and Popular Mechanics.

The video is very accurate in saying that the powers that be were so concerned with putting fluoride in the water to protect teeth that they didn't think of the body as a whole.  Not to mention that we're adding fluoride to, well everything.  Our lawns, gardens etc.

In the 1940's I could imagine that there were issues in getting appropriate dental care.  The Canada Health Act and health benefits didn't exist yet, or at least the way they currently (for most) exist now.

I've always considered my fluoride treatment at the dentist as something that will be beneficial to my dental health, but it's also for only 15 minutes 3 or 4 times a year.  I think it is an excessive venture to expose my whole body to fluoride with every glass of water I drink. 

Based on that, and the belief that I should have the option to add fluoride to my daily routine as my own decision I would vote to take fluoride out of the water supply.

I hope this answers your question.  If you have any other questions, please feel free to call.

Larry Storm
Candidate ward 5

No comments:

Post a Comment